The beds are done and the soil has been added. The compost is composting and I'll probably add it as mulch as a top layer, since it's not going to be done in another month. It definitely attracts some serious worms though, so that's good. The soil was about six square yards of topsoil with humus added, which came to around $200. Fantastic deal; I wasn't footing the bill for that one, though, so I didn't get a chance to check it out. We'll find out come spring if it's good quality, or if weeds start sprouting.
So my total right now is $225 so far for the whole thing, and the topsoil is a one-time buy. Time invested for me is about five hours, but I didn't get to finish leveling and building the beds myself.
Hopefully, I'll have pictures up by next post.
For anyone interested, my total cost so far is $240. $200 went to topsoil with humus added for the garden beds, of which we got about six square yards and have some left over. The remaining $40 was for seeds and cell trays.